Some of the all time best speakers include Soundarya Rajinikath, daughter of film star Rajinikanth; Shobu Yarlagadda, Producer of Baahubali; Carman Chan, investor in over 25 companies such as Spotify, Meetup and Charu Sharma, Founder of Pro Kabaddi
The August Fest is back with bang. Now in its fourth year, it is getting bigger and better. Within three years of its launch it has become The Asia’s Largest Startup Conference. The 4th Edition of the Fest will be formally kicked off on 3rd September here in Hyderabad and will conclude on 4th September informed Kiran Maverick and Adi, Founders of Eat Sleep Drink Startup which conceptualised The August Fest.
It is organized in support with Government of Telangana, T-Hub and ISB, it will be held at JRC Convention Center. We are bringing the best of the minds from across India and the world to Hyderabad for August Fest. 107 speakers and 12,000 participants. There will be 125 Startup pitches and 20 workshops this year, informed Kiran Maverick, the founder of Eat, Sleep, Drink (ESD) startup which has conceptualized the August Fest, while addressing a press conference here in city today.
By any standard, this is the massive conference, no startup or aspiring startup can afford to miss.
Celebrate Entrepreneurship and learn from experts at August Fest. The new thing we have introduced this year is Revolution Stage, Startup Stage, Scale-up Stage and Un-Conference this year and over the two days Startups can choose what they want to learn and network with Entrepreneurs, Innovators, Game Changers and Investors coming from across India and other countries, Kiran added.
Unlike other conferences August Fest also is different in a way that we invite knowledge partners from this year we tried our best to invite as many women speakers as possible, Kiran informed.
Some of our speakers include Carman Chan from Hong Kong – Investor in over 25 companies including Spotify, Meetup.com and Palantir Technologies; Ernest Sanchez from Spain – Entrepreneur and Investor who is looking to set up an accelerator in India; Soundarya Rajinikanth – Entrepreneur, Film Maker and daughter of Rajinikanth.; Charu Sharma – Founder of Pro Kabaddi League; Shobu Yarlagadda – Producer of Baahubali. And Neal Cross, Innovation Head at DBS Bank – Singapore.
The other speakers include
- Rahul Reddy of Octopus;
- Shruti Royyuru, Marketing and Product Specialist at Wealth objects;
- Akancha Srivastava, Director of Azure;
- Chris Chandler, Design Practice Lead at Philosohie.is;
- Vaibhav Agarwal, Co Founder of Inc42;
- Krishna Gandhi, Founder of Grandhi Law Chambers(GLC);
- Neal Cross, CIO of Des Bank;
- L.Hemachandran, Founder & CEO at Celebrity Badminton League;
- Stephanie Alys, Co-Founder at Mysteryvibe;
- Nandita Kanwar, Founder of Econcero Consulting Pvt. Ltd;
- Archana Khosla, Founder Partner of Vertices;
- Anshul Motwani, Co-Founder of Fadbulletin;
- Hosamane J Savitha, Founder at Hasovan;
- Anurag Maloo, Regional Manager Tech Stars;
- Manish Harodia, Founder at Dream Wallets;
- Jairaj Mashru, Founder at Bombay Innovation Group;
- Satish Kataria, Founder at Catapooolt;
- Ashish Chadha, Chief Excecutive at Sporty Media;
- Sajid, Founder at Shetu.org;
- Yatin K Thakur, Founder at Coworkin;
- Nirali Shah, Coach at International Meditation;
- Mike Larosa, Founder at Wayfarer Advisory Group;
- Vanessa Sans, Founder at Happy Working Lab;
- Shraddha Patil, Co-Founder & Chief Mentor at Thementorpreneurs;
- Nikolaj Astrup, Founder at Refuga.com;
- Ryan Patel, Board Director at American Red cross LA;
- Ajay Ramasubramaniam, Director at Zone Startups India;
- Burak Buyukdemir, Founder at Startup Turkey;
- Lakshmi Rebecca, Founder at Red Bangle;
- Rajive Dhavan, Founder at What’s in a Name;
- Aruna Reddy, Entrepreneurship Centre Head at ISB,
- Lakshmi Manchu, Actor & Producer;
- Pankti Shah, Founder at Crazy Wanderer and
- Rishi Chowdhury Founder at Incubus Ventures.
We traveled to 30+ Countries in last 24 Months to bring in best of the minds from across the World to The August Fest, Kiran declared.
Giving highlights, Kiran added that The August Fest is a two day festival with full of Startup Pitches, 100s of Startups interacting at the Expo, TED Style talks, panel discussions, workshops, networking, access to mentors, unit etc.
On the day one, program will begin with Fireside Chat on what it takes to build a successful Startup followed by Panels on opportunities in sports and entertainment for Startups, Inspiring talks and 100+ nonstop pitches will be held, he added.
It is a first of its kind activity that showcases many products in India. We have invited Limca book of records team to evaluate, Kiran shared.
On the Second day it will start with keynote by Ms. Carman Chan who is a popular investor followed by Panel discussions on h Care, Accelerators.
Adi, Co Founder of ESD, adds, “We have multiple Tracks on Main Stage, Startup Stage, Scaleup Stage and an Un-conference to give high quality learning’s for Startups. Each stage will have specific content like. Business Model Canvas, Idea Validation, Choosing right tech team, workshop on financial projections is useful for those who are starting up or people who have already startup and looking to scale.”